This is a guideline for reviewers who voluntarily participate in the peer review process of the journal. All of the journal's contents, including commissioned manuscripts, are subject to peer-review.
1.Double Blind Peer Review
JDTREA has adopted double blind peer review, which means that the reviewers and authors cannot identify each other.
2.Role of Reviewers
A peer reviewer’s role is to advise editors on individual manuscripts with regards to revision, acceptance, or rejection. Judgments should be objective and comments should be lucidly described. Scientific soundness is the most important value of the journal; therefore, logic and statistical analysis should be considered meticulously. The use of reporting guidelines is recommended for review. Reviewers should have no conflict of interest. Reviewers should point out relevant published work which have not yet been cited. Reviewed articles are managed confidentially. The editorial office is responsible for the final decision to accept or reject a manuscript based on the reviewer’s recommendation.
3.How to Become a Reviewer
Reviewers are usually invited by the editorial office or recommended by authors. Anyone who wants to work voluntarily as a reviewer can contact the editorial office at https://www. jdre.org/contact.php.
When invited by the editorial office to review a manuscript, reviewers recommended by the authors will usually be invited to review corresponding manuscripts. Authors may recommend reviewers from the same institute. We recommend them not to decline the invitation to review solely for the reason that the authors may acquaintances or from the same institution; we welcome reviewers who are acquaintances with the authors who are eager to comment with affection. If review comments cannot be submitted within the 14 days of the review period, please decline to review or ask for an extension on the review period. If there is no review comment within the 7 days from a reviewer’s acceptance to review, the reviewer will be given a notice.
4. How to Write Review Comments
After entering the e-submission system with an ID and password, please download PDF files and supplementary files. It is not necessary to comment on the style and format, but just concentrate on the scientific soundness and logical interpretation of the results.
- • Comment to authors: Summarize the whole content of manuscript in one sentence. Please make a specific comment according to the order of each section of the manuscript. Please list your comments and critiques in the order that they appear in the paper. The reviewer’s recommendation on acceptance should not be stated as a comment to the author(s). Consider if whether your peer review opinions will increase the quality of manuscript or further research by the author(s).
- • Comment to editor: Address both the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript. Your recommendation as a reviewer regarding the paper’s acceptance may be added here as well as special comments directed to the editor.
5. Ethical Guidelines for Reviewers
1. Any information acquired during the review process is confidential.
2. Please inform the editor of any conflicts of interest such as the following:
- You are a competitor of the author(s).
- You have negative feelings about the author(s). There is an unanticipated way in which you may profit financially from this work.
- In case of any of the above conflicts of interest, the reviewer should decline to review. If the reviewer still wishes to review, the conflicts of interest should be specifically disclosed. A history of previous collaboration with the authors or any intimate relationship with the authors does not prohibit one from being a reviewer.
3. Reviewers should not use any material or data that originated from the manuscript in their review; however, it is possible to use open data from the manuscript after publication.
6. Post-review Work by the Editorial Office
Review opinions and decisions may be analyzed by the editorial office without identifying the reviewer.
7.Certificate of Review
If it is required, please contact the editorial office at https://www. jdre.org/about/contact.php. The reviewers may be listed in the editorial as a show of appreciation.
8.Mass Media and Press Release
Any articles published in JDTREA can be released to mass media or press without the need for additional permission after publication. If the media or press wishes to have an interview with the author(s) of an article, they can contact the authors directly via email or their institute. The publisher or editors will not interfere with contact between authors and the media or press. JDTREA welcomes any inquiries from the media or press worldwide on articles and their contents. Please use the following link to the contact form for such inquiries: https://www.jdre. org/about/contact.php. Promotion of the journal articles through media and press by authors themselves is also welcome.